Stand On The Rock

Stand On The RockStand On The Rock
CameraSony DSC-F828
Exposure Modeauto
Focal Length51.0mm
Aperturef/5
Exposure1/250 sec.
ISO Speed64
Flashoff
A few weeks ago we spent about five hours at the Old Moor RSPB reserve not far from where we live. We saw quite a few different species of bird including some wonderful Bramblings and a Mediterranean Gull. Unfortunately I only managed hand-held telephoto shots of the Bramblings, which while okay for identification are not photos I'm willing to show anyone else, and the gull flew off before I got the tripod set up. Ah well, you'll have to make do with this photo of a Black Headed Gull instead.

I got quite a few shots of him doing comical or weird things whilst standing on his rock but I think that this is the best of the bunch. So we'll let him sing his heart out, after all you can always "Stand on the rock, 'cause' it's alright".

As for the photo it was taken through the Raynox telephoto lens adapter I have because almost everything at a bird reserve is too far away for the normal zoom on my camera. Other than that there was no post-processing of the photo, which probably explains why the colours aren't perfect!

0 comments:

Post a Comment